Data protection statement
Thank you very much for your interest in our website. The protection of your personal data is very important to us. We would like to inform You in this moment about our data protection policy in place at our company. Naturally, we abide by the German statutory provisions of the German Data Protection Act (Germ. Datenschutzgesetz, BDSG), of the German Teleservices Act (Germ. Telemediengesetz, TMG) as well as other provisions concerning the legal aspects of data protection.
You can trust us in terms of Your personal data! It is encrypted through the use of digital security services and only then sent to us. Our websites are protected by appropriate technical measures against damage, destruction and unauthorised access.
Subject of data protection
The subject of data protection measures is personal data. This data spans, per Â§ 3 section 1 of the of the German Data Protection Act, individual details spanning personal or professional relationships of a specific or determinable individual. This concerns details such as the name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number, however, in certain cases, also usage data such as your IP address.
General data protection notice
(1) If you use the website of MIAU&WOOF GmbH or download data from this website, information about this is stored and processed by us in a log file. This procedure takes place anonymously. You are not traceable in this way.
(2) The items stored are: Your IP address, the date and time when you accessed the site, the individual page called or the name of the downloaded file, the transferred data amount and the information, whether the access/download process was successful.
(3) This data is not used for commercial purposes. The analysis serves solely statistical processing and improvement of our on-line offer. For this purpose, we create pseudonymous user profiles. No connection is made between the person behind the pseudonym and the collected usage data. Following this use, Your data is deleted. Long-term storage is excluded. You can deny this collection, storage and processing of data at any time.
(4) Your data is used exclusively by us. No transfers to third parties take place. The collection and processing may be denied by use of the deactivation widget (http://miauandwoof.com).
(5) For the purpose of data collection and storage, we use so-called cookies. Cookies are small sets of data stored by your internet browser by our order on your machine. They cause no damage there. They contain no viruses, and do not allow us to spy on you. Two types of cookies are used. Temporary cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser (so-called session cookies). Permanent cookies in turn have a maximum lifetime of up to 90 days. This kind of cookie makes it possible for the site to recognise you when you visit it again. It is possible for us, thanks to the cookies, to trace your usage characteristics for the purposes indicated above and in the relevant scope. Furthermore, they are in place to optimise your experience on our website. This data is also collected in anonymised or pseudonymised form. You can set your browser up so that our cookies may not be stored on your machine, or that already stored cookies are deleted.
Scope of data collection and storage
For the purpose of use of our website, it is generally not necessary to provide personal data. However, in order for us to actually be able to render our services, we may need your personal data. This applies both to the shipment of information materials or ordered goods, as well as for the purpose of responses to individual questions.
If you contract us to provide services or ship goods, we shall collect and store your personal data basically only to the extent that is necessary for the provision of the service or the execution of the contract. It may be necessary for this purpose that your personal data is transferred on to companies that we use for the provision of services or execution of contracts. These are, among others, transport companies or other service companies. If we undertake any of the actions or provide any of the services described below, we would ask to collect your personal data, store it, and we will ask you at an appropriate spot on our website for your explicit consent:
- Sending of the newsletter
- Competition participation
- Creditworthiness or age test for the purpose of usage of our services orÂ payment methods
- Website personalisation
- Other services and offers, for the purpose of data collection for which your explicit consent is necessary.
After satisfactory contract execution, your data shall be locked, and then deleted upon expiry of periods foreseen by tax and trade laws, as long as you do not explicitly agree to any further use of this data.
If you register for our newsletter with your e-mail address, then we will also use your e-mail address beyond the execution of the contract for own advertising purposes, until you opt out of receiving the newsletter.
Data collection through the use of Google Analytics
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google inc. Google Analytics uses so-called cookies. These are text files stored on your computer, which make an analysis of your mode of use of the website possible. Collected is for instance information on your operating system, the browser you use, your IP address, the website you have browsed before ours (the referrer URL) and the date and time of your visit to our site. The information generated in this text file concerning the use of our site is transferred to a Google-operated server in the United States, and stored there. Google will use this information to analyse your use of our website in order to draw up reports on website activity for the site operator, and to provide further services related to the website and internet use. If this is required by statutory provisions, or if third parties process this data by order of Google, then Google will also provide this information to these third parties. This use will take place in an anonymised or pseudonymised form. Further information can be found directly at Google under http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html#information
Google uses the DoubleClick DART cookie
You can prevent the installation of cookies through appropriate configuration of your internet browser. For this purpose, switch off cookie saving in your browser. More information in this regard can be found in the usage manual of your internet browser.
Collection and storage of usage data
Targeted data use
We respect the basic principle of targeted data use and collect, process and store your personal data only for the purposes that you have notified us of. No transfer of your personal data to third parties takes place without your express permission, as long as this is not necessary for the provision of a service or the execution of a contract. The transfer to any state institutions and offices entitled to information also takes place only within the scope of statutory information obligations or when we are bound by a court order to provide such information.
We also take company internal data protection very seriously. Our employees and the service providers we contract are bound by us to confidentiality and adherence to the provisions of data protection laws.
Right to information and withdrawal
You shall receive at any time, without no statement of reason, without cost, information about your data stored with us. You can at any time lock the data collected by us, correct them or order their deletion. You may also withdraw at any time your consent for the collection and storage of data without providing a reason. For this purpose, please turn to the contact address indicated in the website imprint. We are available at any time to answer any further questions concerning our data protection policy and the processing of your personal data.
Please note that the data protection provisions and measures concerning data protection e. g. at Google may change at any time. It is thus advisable and necessary to stay informed about the changes to statutory provisions and corporate practices, e. g. of Google
Any website operator providing a link to this website on their site is aware off the following:
âI am aware that the text components of any data protection statement provided here is only exemplary and make no claim to completeness, correctness and currentness, and that they may replace no individual legal consultation. No relationship of legal advice or any other binding legal relationship is made by the use of this website and their relevant content. I know that I must myself check the contents of the data protection statement to the extent, in which they are applicable for my internet offer or services, and whether they contain any statements, which I myself do not adhere to.â